I created a new, simple pasta dish tonight that was so quick and delicious I wanted to share it with you. Give it any name you wish. I’m going to call it:
Simple Sausage Pasta
- 8 oz uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 lb bulk country sausage
- 1 large sweet onion – cut into thin wedges
- 1 small package fresh spinach – loosely chopped
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms – drained
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
Begin by cooking the pasta by package directions.
While it’s cooking, brown the sausage in a skillet, stirring often. Once the sausage is cooked through, add the onions and turn the heat to low so that the onion soften slightly, but retain their body.
Drain pasta and return it to the pot. Add in the sausage/onion mixture, spinach, mushrooms, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well and enjoy.
This was a big hit with my family tonight. I hope you have the same results!